Thursday, November 29, 2007

Prozac

I didn't have time to post earlier today I was super busy.


Sike.


I was only halfway busy. Got a new proj today at work, and my lunch hour was spent doing research rather than whipping up a witty post.

I will, however, make note of a sign that I saw when I was home over Thanksgiving. This sign was an advertisement hanging on the chain link fence at the local K-Mart:

GENERIC PROZAC
$15.00 PER BOTTLE!!!

While I thought this sign was ridiculous and hilarious, it also represents a morbid view of the US. K-Mart (corporate giant) is advertising for generic Prozac (the go-to drug) at $15.00, while right next to that sign was an advertisement for a sale on Pepsi. Its sad that Americans view Prozac as common as soda, and its even sadder that K-Mart is advertising a special sale on the medication, as if it is a household staple. Excuse me while I go take a generic Prozac to cheer myself up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to be depressing.and not funny.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah? well we sell generic prozac for $4. boo-yah kmart!

BrokeInDC said...

anonymous: sorry
kslates: I miss you, and the pic I have of "them apples" in JJSoaps kitchen are pretty hilarious...I'll post them soon