Monday, November 26, 2007

To My Roommates

Yes, so it has been a while. Please excuse the lack of posts. Over Thanksgiving I had hardly any time to spend on blogging. C'est la vie.

But anyways, good Thanksgiving I guess. I ventured home to Ohio, the most exciting place in the world. Plenty of family drama to spice things up. Anyways, my mother had come to visit me a month ago, and she had left some stuff at my place. When I went home to Ohio, I packed it all up to bring back to her. According to her, she left some jogging pants and a shirt here, according to me, she had also left a pair of shoes.

"What shoes?" she asked in a phone conversation with me prior to my flight home, "What do they look like?"

"WEDGES mom. Camel colored wedges," I replied.

"I didn't leave any shoes there. I don't have any wedges," she claimed.

"YES you DO, mom. I will bring them, and then you will see."


So I fly home Wednesday before Thanksgiving and unpack all my things, including the pants, shirt, and shoes my mother left at my place in Alexandria.

"Here they are! Here are your SHOES!" I waved them in her face.

"Those aren't mine."

"What?! They are YOURS, you left them at my place!"

"Nope, not mine. I don't know whose shoes those are."


Dumbfounded, I realized they had to be one of my roommates. I had picked them up from next to our front door the same day my mom left, assuming they were hers. I had been hording them in my room for the past month, thinking "oh my mother and her shoes". But no no, Care or Suze, they belong to one of you. And I am sorry that I have been keeping them in my room for the past month.

I imagine my roommates have been walking by my room, glaring at their shoes sitting next to my bed thinking, "That bitch, she's stealing my SHOES."

I promise you guys that wasn't the case. I thought they were my mother's shoes.


Oh and also, I packed up my bike and brought it back from Ohio on the plane. It worked out great, and a few people even asked me if I was a professional biker:

"Do I look like one?" I responded.

"Yeah."

"Then yes," I boasted. "I am a professional biker. I'm on my way to a race in DC right now."



Excuse me whilst I go race my sweet bike...

1 comment:

I-66 said...

Wanna be a professional biker, Water Girl? Ride that thing back from Ohio!