Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Adventures of StuD


You guys wanna hear more about StuD? I thought so. I have enough stories about him to start a new blog, but that would just be silly.

So many people know that I am simply ridiculous. I make ridiculous decisions, say ridiculous things, have ridiculous stories, and I am also lucky enough to have a ridiculous boyfriend. Now if you think I am entertaining, you should spend an evening with StuD. He is a trip.

Last night StuD surprised me by popping over later in the evening. I was lounging on the couch, eating a bag of popcorn and watching some awful reality television when I heard a knock on the door. Not expecting any guests, I jumped off the couch and peered through the peephole. It was the boyf! I whipped open the door and StuD lumbered in, grinning.

He was dressed like some sort of trendy homeless person. He was wearing this huge hat with ear flaps that I had crocheted for him (yes, I am crafty, thank you), a Jcrew sweatshirt with a faux hood, gray slacks, and brown leather square-toed shoes. His face was scruffy from lack of shaving (its exam week). He sat down in my living room, opened my laptop, and said, "There is this GREAT Trisha Yearwood song I have to play for you."

What? I literally was speechless. Trisha Yearwood? Really?

StuD has recently been dabbling in country music. I knew it was bad news when he started casually scanning the country radio stations when we were in the car. And now he absolutely loves Trisha Yearwood. He played me a selection of her songs, bopping his ear-flapped head along to the music, with a big grin on his face. He even did this little point-and-shoot dance move thing with his hands during a particularly catchy part of "She's in Love with the Boy".

After getting his fill of Trisha Yearwood, I convinced him that we should turn it off so we could watch Project Runway. He half-heartedly complains about watching that show, but I think he really likes it, just because he can do his crappy impression of Tim Gunn, where he just says "Designers!" over and over again. If he tries to say anything else in a Tim Gunn voice he sounds like a weird British person.

So we watch Project Runway, with the occasional "Designers!" from StuD peppered in. After the show he starts to study for his Orbital Navigation exam (yes, StuD is studying to become a rocket scientist...true story). Suddenly he looks up from his book, "You wanna hear something really weird that happened to me during an interview?" he asked.

Of course I do!

He went on with his story...

"Remember when I interviewed with XYZ company a few weeks ago? Well, I didn't want to tell anyone about this, cause I felt really weird about it...but during the interview, the guy I was interviewing with re-situated himself...you know, like guys do. And so I stared at his crotch, because he had just re-situated it. I didn't mean to! But he totally saw me. It was like, I dunno, getting caught staring at a girls breasts while you're talking to her. So from then on the whole interview was uncomfortable and I felt really weird."

At this point I was laughing uncontrollably. I could just imagine StuD in his interview, all happy and confident because it is going great. But then for a second, he happens to stare at the wrong spot and get caught. I'm sure he looked like a deer in headlights. His eyes get really big when he is caught in some sort of bad act. For example, when he is trying to secretly eat my food, and I hear the crinkling of food packaging so I walk in the kitchen. He jumps out of the pantry real quick, his cheeks bulging a bit, stuffed with food, eyes wide as if to say, "What? I'm totally innocent and I am NOT eating your food." And then he smirks, cause he knows he is caught.

2 comments:

I-66 said...

Tell him that I said to stop listening to country music. No good can come of it. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

I love StuD stories.