Thursday, October 25, 2007

So Sue Me


Yeah, I did it...I started a blog. Vom, right? It all started during my lunch "hour" at work, scouring the internet for cookbook ideas (a whole different story). I stumbled across a blog out of Tuscon. I absolutely fell in love with it. Basically three young girls post a blog weekly, discussing their young, broke, and fabulous life. I wanted in on the action.

Before starting this, I generally thought blogs were lame. I mean, who cares what you have to say? However, I think I'm funny as hell. Also, people tend to enjoy my random stories and anecdotes, not to mention my hilarious boyf, which from now on will be referred to as "StuD" (he's going to love that).

So to start us off, let me entertain you with a brief story. I'm in training at my current place of employment, we'll call it "Printing Co." (I'll think of a better name eventually). This training involves spending time in each department for a week and learning all that I can. This past week I spent some time in our shipping and delivery department. This includes going out in one of our delivery trucks to deliver products. So, Monday morning, first day in the department, I'm sent out with driver "Bill". As we walk out to the truck to go on our run of the day, Bill comments to me "You don't have a problem with mice, do you?"

um...?

He then goes on to explain that there has been a mouse living in the cab of his truck. Apparently this mouse is "the size of a tablespoon" and was just seen the other day "scurrying along the bottom of the cab." What the eff? Now I'm crapping my pants as I clamber into the truck wearing sandals. For the whole 4 hour trip, I sat there trying to keep my feet raised 6 inches off the floor while looking natural and trying to have a conversation with Bill. No mouse sighting...thank god.

But who the hell has a mouse living in the cab of their truck? Come on, Bill, tidy up for chrissake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They really made you ride in the delivery truck for four hours? Job sounds like a keeper...excuse me while i clear my throat...cmmmcmmbullshit...